Friday 18 May 2007

The gift of a Never poem.

My talented and introspective friend Christian wrote me a poem. Did I tell you I have a weakness for poetry? I've mentioned him previously here and his site is my first link down to the left here on the page. He really has a radiant soul and I cried, not only because the poetry is so graceful but because secretly I've always hoped that he would use me for inspiration. What I like most is how he took a low moment and turned it into something beautiful. Which is exactly what we're trying to do with our life here.

Enjoy. And thank you, Chris.

    Bridget and Jacob

    He is not the answer
    she thought

    But she
    was always the question
    an unfinished sentence
    lying on the tip of the tongue
    inches from articulation
    and a million miles
    beyond explanations

    In an embrace made by one for two
    they slid down the wall

    Dissolved to
    mercury liquid dissolution
    seen running
    a silver shining across the floor
    beneath the closed doors of misinterpretations
    shying away from disinclination

    Together,
    they flowed into the predawn morning

    surged upon the lawn
    and waited for day

    Within me
    I will find you
    he whisper sang
    to her eyes
    avoiding the falling stars
    and runaway cars
    careening from her lips

    And I will run
    she cried

    as she was always running

    Away from
    and straight into
    a shifting desire
    for softer days
    when the pain
    was not so keen

    not so enticing

    all consuming

    Nothing is forever
    she told him
    and kissed his fear
    and lost boy smile

    But she was wrong

    As the sun struck them
    they melded together
    a silver disc in the shape of Gods eye

    Fused

    no longer confused

    A script of passion running
    round the rim of their skin

    A history
    written in need

    A medallion to continuance
    beyond the raw nerve touch
    of the past