Friday 18 May 2007

Long weekend at home.

Oh, busy weekend and Bridget's on drugs. Having a hard time with labels.

Erin stays until Monday, bless her heart for coming back on a hairpin turn. Loch flies in tomorrow. Squee! (sorry, it had to be done). Ben (!) asked if he could stop by tomorrow. Duncan and Mark will be by on Sunday. Monday has brought requests from Sam and Lisabeth and possibly even Christian and PJ as long as they don't have to work. Have Claus tomorrow and Dr. Important Joel first thing Tuesday. Jacob is not leaving my side and there is something to be said for sticking my face into the neck of his flannel shirt and not opening my eyes unless I absolutely must. I can feel the vibrations in his throat when he talks. His hair and the fledgling beard tickle my skin. His arms around me comfortably, tight, but every now and then he gestures and then his hands return and stroke my hair, my cheek, my ears. He's warm. He's strong. He's here.

We're going to listen to happy music (freeeeeeebiiiiiiiiiiird!) and plant sunflowers and be present.

And it's Queen Victoria's birthday. So there will be cake.

And possibly only good things to be thought, written, spoken and then some.