Friday 11 August 2006

Zen and the art of breathing slowly

Argh. The mood swings continue. They sort of come in cycles and I don't see it until I'm being really irrational. I haven't had enough sleep, I'm wound up over the wedding, the trip, everything. Besides, they are expected, anticipated, part of life now. An unwelcome part. A difficult part.

Why am I rationalizing?

Oh yeah, because I am reminded to slow down and breathe, I'm the last one to see my moods changing until it's too late. I grabbed Jake by the ears last night and kissed him gently and told him how much I loved him and he held me and said I really was having a rough time wasn't I?

Yes, I am. But it's easier because he's here. Everything is easier. Even the hard parts.

In other news, don't read the news! It can be rather detrimental three days before jumping on an aircraft. I bought some lottery tickets, if we win, we'll get our new vehicle early and drive that across the country.