Tuesday 14 March 2023

Kintsugi Princess, but with silver instead of gold.

I am having a war of attrition with some shitty neighbours up the hill. They hate our tattoos. Like HATE them for whatever reason and scowl in such a sour fashion when they see us. 

So I wave and say Hello fondly, each and every time. Then when they turn their backs I hex them something hard. Lochlan won't let me physically do it so I painstakingly work through a few good ones in my head. I hope it counts. 

For the record they are the low-class ones. If we're being pedantic. We are richer, nicer and have more values overall and I make no apologies to anyone for anything. I will go to heaven when I die, that much I know for sure. I fear I might be alone when I get there but if it all works out I won't mind. 

You just can't hate people because of the way they look. They need to show you how they act or what they believe in. 

Lochlan laughs and says it doesn't matter and if he were an old couple he also might hate the cute bunch down in the big house who practice bagpipes outdoors and are covered with art, if only for missing out on what looks like a fun life, but then again Lochlan was always too generous all the while being suspicious and reserved. 

He didn't want me to grow up being as cynical and bitter as he can be sometimes. Ha. Do I have news for him. 

In other news I tried my frozen fruit roll-up. The drugstore had a plethora of the roll-ups and so I put a couple big scoops in and folded it up and took a bite. It was definitely frozen and there was a definite crunch but it wasn't that great and it's two textures I don't go for and I won't be craving it so we're moving on. 

I also put up my shelves. Longer screws, right in the studs on one side. Didn't even bother with the other side to worry about gyprock or anything. They're up, they're level and my little dudes are living on them now. Next I buy a few huge shelves for the instruments. Those ones will need plaster anchors. I am doomed. I'll make Ben put them up. 

Also the doctor came by today and I got another three months of my favourite amnesia pills, a pat on the head for using my sleep apnea machine and zero digs about my weight. He was kind for once, and I appreciate that. Today would not have been the day to tell me to eat a cheeseburger, let me tell you. 

Also I got cool new runners. Brooks Ghosts! They are amazing. My feet don't slide sideways and they help correct my stupid tendencies to supinate plus my cuboid hasn't bugged me all week. Ah the life of a former long distance runner. Never start. It isn't worth the toll on your body, trust me. Sadly I never did find a way to clear my head any other way so if you have ideas I'm all ears. Actually those don't work either so maybe email me.