Friday 11 November 2022

Waked goods.

How the faces of love have changed turningThe pagesAnd I have changed oh, but you, you remainAgelessI turned aroundAnd the water was closing all aroundLike a gloveLike the love that had finally, finally found meThen I knewIn the crystalline knowledge of youDrove me through the mountainsThrough the crystal-like clear water fountainDrove me like a magnetTo the sea

Today is decidedly fall-like. PJ snuck some maple rum cream into my coffee, Duncan pretended he didn't see it. Caleb did see it and began to protest before receiving a swift kick under the table to the shins from Ben. The leaves are halfway down now, piled everywhere and I drank my coffee and then went outside to lie in the biggest pile, listening to Stevie Nicks on my air pods, plotting maybe some breakfast when I went back inside, but later and maybe more coffee since I didn't feel awake. The rain threatens but holds, clouds obscuring the blue this morning. Ben came out and threw me off the cliff at nine sharp and then I had to change into dry clothes and suddenly needed woolen tights with my dress and Lochlan's ancient cardigan with the big wood toggles. 

I didn't need any more coffee though. I'm awake. 

I'm awake.

I made eight dozen chocolate chip cookies, boys all but hover-drooling around me as I worked and they quickly volunteered to clean up afterwards while I took a plate of fresh cookies to Batman's. When I left his house Lochlan was waiting by the path. He took my hand and we automatically went the long way, through the grass at the top of the cliff. To the sea. To the sea, I hummed inside my head.

My airpod batteries died hours ago but I can recharge them. I am currently also recharging myself.