Wednesday 9 March 2022

On not spending enough time alone.

Today was taken up with ferrying Ruthie back and forth to her car repair appointment (next city over) and having her come to the house in between to hang out while she waited out emergency repairs. I was tired but the moment they called to say her car was ready I started missing her again. It's very hard when she leaves but I'm getting used to the feeling of sadness in a way that makes it easier to cover with the pride I feel for how well she is doing out in the world. 

So now it's time to make dinner but I didn't have time to paint door trims today and that's fine. I'm only responsible for one door so it's easy. Maybe I'll add flowers on the inside trim. Just for fun, but probably not because if there is one thing I have learned it's to keep it plain, neat and neutral. 

In other news we ducked into an old favourite restaurant last night for a last-minute date night. Showed our vaccine passports, found a big booth in the back and ordered wine and pasta and just savoured being out. Not cleaning up takeout garbage. Not rushing home because it couldn't get cold. Not thinking about a thing, including the usual frowns I get when out and about due to the tattoo suit. Not that I truly care but I do hate the attention but I left the house in a t-shirt and leggings, expecting drive-through food. 

It was so nice, though, just to sit and sip wine. It really set the mood for the rest of the week. Maybe it's been too long since we've done that and we should do it more. Lochlan agreed, with that smile he reserves just for me.