Tuesday 21 December 2021

The start of winter.

I'm not getting up yet today. I'm lying in bed with a roaring fire going, playing A Good Snowman Is Hard to Build (the latest ios craze in this house even though I haven't even remoted finished decorating my village in Christmas Puzzle 3 and all of the townspeople are going to HATE me) and waiting for Lochlan to bring up breakfast in bed. My coffee is late. My head hurts. I've thrown my phone twice across the room and then went and got it because Dalton finished the game last night and I can't even solve the first level yet but I'm determined. In any case Lochlan offered to make omelettes and coffee since he kept me up half the night to watch The Witcher's second season which was so so good (Jaskier's monologues and songs. What a ride.) and I fought to stay awake. I am tired now because I go to bed at nine each night and then I actually sleep from two to six. 

But that is not important. This is.

Tonight we're having our solstice dinner on the beach, complete with dress code (interpretive dark victorian/gothic formal) with sparkling virgin cider made here on the point. The menu is pot roast, root vegetables (grown here) and dumplings, apple pie and then I have sparklers and streamers for dancing after dinner. My windproof candles are ready and the boxes are beginning to be lined up near the patio doors as it will take the rest of the day to cook and set up but it's so worth it. Especially if it rains. I am excited but I still need a little more rest first, as it's the shortest day of the year and already it's packed to the stars.