Friday 11 October 2019

An audience of none (Operation: Stay Out of The Hole continues).

It's some ungodly early hour and I'm spending it with Ben, who is working hard on a project he wanted to finish by Thanksgiving but honestly when he spoke of his panic I pointed out he could have easily meant American Thanksgiving in which case he has more time.

Tons of time. Months! Isn't the US Thanksgiving right on top of Christmas?

I woke up at five, long before sunrise, still in the studio and flew off the couch. The lights are still on. He still sits in his chair, headphones on, concentrating madly. I wrap myself in a blanket (who needs clothes?) and come over to see what he's doing. I put on headphones that are hanging on a hook but they're hooked in to something different and music plays from a CD. Cream, Sitting on Top of the World. Fair enough. Good song for a twirl and a spin.

Between the blanket dress and the quiet absurdity of dancing to music only I can hear I wind up giving him a sultry, ridiculously hot and extensively x-rated striptease to the song, not stopping until it's done, veering wildly from pure to downright filthy. When I finish he is still looking down, not having seen a thing. I think he's forgotten I slept here last night to be near him. Sam always says not to look to others for approval for your actions, and so I'm giving myself a 10/10 for my performance.