Wednesday 3 January 2007

Cancelling the noise.

    Does it have to start with a broken heart
    Broken dreams and bleeding parts
    We were young and world was clear
    But young ambition disappears
    I swore it would never come to this
    The average, the obvious
    I'm still discontented down here
    I'm still discontented


Up before the sunrise and out into the cold hushed air I went this morning, in my technical tights and fleece, plugged into my zen player and ready to burn off excess energy in the dim light of the beginning of this day. I hate Wednesdays, I don't sleep much. It's Big Therapy day, in which the whole team and Jacob is present and they all look at me so expectantly as I speak and I get angry so easily because it's the one time I can be in a room with four men, and I have their undivided attention and I can't do a thing with it.

    A spark ignites
    In time and space
    Limping through this human race
    You fight and crawl your way back home
    But you're running the wrong way

Oh yeah, except get better. Good girl, Bridget.

    The future is a question mark
    Of kerosene and electric sparks
    There's still fire in you yet
    Yeah there's still fire in you


But my god, the run felt so good. Right up until that part when I wiped out on a freshly scraped sidewalk and bruised the hell out of my hip. Running after that really sucked but at that point I was only fifteen blocks from home.

    I keep cleaning up the mess I've made
    I won't run away
    I can't sleep in the bed I've made

More later if I survive my appointment. Blah.

    If we've only got one try
    If we've only got one life
    If time was never on our side
    Then before I die
    I want to burn out bright