Saturday 28 September 2024

Talks of pep and wearing a hole through a worry stone.

 Ahhh fall. My Afib is back, my headaches are back and everything is breaking. No, seriously. Amazon won't let me cancel a package it won't even ship, the garbage can in the kitchen is motion sensitive and a ghost keeps opening it, three of our most-used vehicles need work and we spent all day doing plumbing and gardening projects and getting nowhere fast. Three cords gave up altogether on things that need to be charged, and the list of to-dos and to-fix grows ever longer. 

And I am easily overwhelmed but also confident that it will all get done and grateful that we had a very long spell with zero issues and not much going on altogether. It's kismet, though, isn't it? You spin out cash for a long, leisurely break and then everything breaks to pay you back somehow. The universe always calls in its favours eventually. It's almost funny but since I have troubles with being frustrated (aka easily overwhelmed) it's not funny but it will all be fine. It's just stuff. It's just life. It's just a mild heart issue. 

HA. 

I need to slow down, I say to myself as I sit and knit and knit and watch Secret Lives of Mormon Wives which is terrible but also compelling and I already churned through Worst Ex Ever and The Laci Petersen movie and a few others and damn, I need something silly. I finished Love is Blind UK. We're almost finished Rings of Power and I wait patiently for the new season of Outer Banks to drop (in two parts! GEEEEEZ Netflix!) I watched Emily in Paris. I am a busy girl hahaha. 

I also watched eight hundred thousand movies with Ben and Lochlan, sometimes with Dalton, sometimes too with PJ and a couple with Batman. 

I taught Ruth to knit and now that's all she does outside of work. 

It's a panacea for a stressed out mind. Same with gardening. I should be deceased for all of the worrying I do, honestly. I know it will kill me quickly but it's like telling me not to breathe. 

 On the upside I did get more hot chocolate and I've been chipping away at fall cleanup and winterizing even though it's early and  I have a whole list of junk tv to get through and I'm super pumped for sweater weather since hat weather is already here for me. My hair is a half-inch long all over and I love it. Very Jean Seberg. Very gamine. Very Mia Farrow. Very cold head. Hahahaha.

I reset the garbage can already. Two vehicles are booked in for experts. Plumbing seems good and the gardening will get done. It's fine everything's fine. I don't need to worry but I do.