Saturday 16 September 2023

Oh Lantern.

So busy today and we went into downtown Vancouver for a change of scenery after lunch but the traffic. The people. The lineups. Crazy. We went and had Japanese food at our third-favourite place. Went for Tiramisu at another and then went to Starbs and had coffee (I didn't, it was four o'clock! I had a frozen mango-dragonfruit lemonade-thingie). We sat in traffic on Hornby for a stupid amount of time next to the ever-empty bike lane and Lochlan asked me if I wanted to bail on traffic and stay at the Fairmont tonight. 

No, I wanted to be home. I had my empty sticky plastic cup and my paper shopping bag from Saint Laurent and my patience flew out the window on the Iron Workers Bridge at some point just before sunset and it's time for this princess to turn back into a pumpkin. Time to fire up the Netflix and knit for a little while as the boys fire up games and books for the evening. 

It was nice though. Reminds me of old times and cements why I like it here so much, tucked out of the way, down the long driveway past the big black ornate iron gates. Back to having the Devil within reach and the army keeping watch, but not letting my guard down. 

My guard is Lochlan and I made a promise.