Sunday 5 April 2020

Anthroposophic Collective.

Come on little lady, give us a smile
No, I ain't got nothing to smile about
I got no one to smile for
I've waited a while for
A moment to say I don't owe you a Goddamn thing
Sorry for the typographical errors if you're a reader who visits the same day I post. I usually get ten minutes alone at my tiny desk in the corner of the kitchen to whip off an entry and I rarely have time to linger over it so I usually just hit publish as someone comes in and starts talking and then the next morning when I do it all over again, I go to log in and the previous days errors will jump off the page at me. So then I can fix and republish and some of you never see what sort of terrible writer I am if I'm not paying attention (and even sometimes when I am).

***

Today is painting day. And probably sous-vide burgers (finished on the grill) and homemade french fries and it's also Henry's last day of work for two weeks as he gave up a bunch of shifts to help out a coworker hurting for cash with which to pay rent. I asked him to keep me plugged in and will pay the rent myself if necessary but I like to see the ingenuity of the young, for that's where you learn the best lessons that stick with you for life and that's how we got to this place.

I don't spend money. Never have. The greatest shopping spree that I think I've had in the past twenty years was that time that for my birthday (six or maybe even five years ago), Ben took me out shopping and told me to buy whatever I wanted. I bought a sketchbook and a pack of Copic fineliners at Colours, five pairs of pretty new underwear at La Vie En Rose, a new charm (I think it was a planet) at Pandora and two books I was wanting to read at Chapters plus a new set of lipsticks from Nudestix I think, at Sephora.There may have been a cute shirt from Forever 21 in there too but those days won't be coming back, pandemic or not.

(I miss Forever 21. So does Ruth. H&M just isn't the SAME.)

But yeah. The haul cost something like $157 and it was incredible. I got to pick out everything and I felt like a princess. Ben had no idea what was going on with me because he went prepared to spend thousands but that was back when he though All Girls Are The Same, Right? and had been used to higher-maintenance ones?

And then I think we had Vietnamese take out for lunch and it was one of the best days ever. I can't wait to do that again though my favorite art store is gone now, Forever 21 is gone. I don't think I'll need another Pandora charm as long as I live, as I have an armful of bracelets and boy are they heavy to wear. I have tons of reading material, currently slogging through The Boy in The Striped Pajamas and am full up on undies and lipstick, both of which I hardly ever wear anymore.

(Hi mom.)

I miss the mall. I haven't had chance to see if I can get Vietnamese take out by phone yet. Do we have what? Skip the dishes? I don't know. Do we? I don't have it. I don't think I want it. Can't I drive to a place? I'll look into it later.

This is the irony. If I tell Caleb that I want Vietnamese food there will be some of my favorites, a selection here inside of an hour. But that's no fun. I told you, the best lessons are the ones you learn on your own.