Tuesday 3 April 2018

C8H11NO2

Until I get proof that you've taken it back.

I can't. I told you, it's bespoke.

Then sell it.

Bridget-

Sell it for parts. You can sell loose diamonds, have the metal melted back down, sell it by weight. There's a way. Stop being difficult.

He laughs. I'm being difficult.

Yes, you are. You know where we stand and it isn't at the place you've made in your head.

It isn't at the one you've made either. He isn't smiling anymore.

But mine wins.

Bridget, I don't play by their rules.

You don't have to play by their rules. You have to play by mine. Stop being all menacing and just take it back! JESUS. 

He laughs again. I love you when you're desperate and frustrated. You revert right back to that stubborn ten-year-old.

I grab my phone and walk out. I tried. Guess we're done. He did indeed wear me down. Just not in the way he thought he would.