Friday 19 November 2010

A 16-hour drive to San Francisco.

I have been charged to write a list of ten things I don't like. This is courtesy of Sam, who likes to keep me on my toes when he is here and frankly New Jake is STILL talking and I can't think but hey, it's Friday and Fridays are always really good days because on Saturday the dog sleeps in for a whole hour and I can catch up on my rest because of course I stayed up until midnight or some equally crazy thing.

Hmmm *crickets*.

Okay, fine, Sam. Here goes nothing.
  1. prawns.
  2. slippery roads + tailgaters.
  3. sixteen-month-old laptops failing when you are damn well aware all of the American versions of said laptop with same said issues south of the border get recall fixes. Fuckers. Three times in four years! Three different brands, no less. I have a macbook now. Hold your breath.
  4. Incredibly shallow people who will dismiss someone based on their clothes/job/race/sexual orientation.
  5. isolation.
  6. Oatmeal from scratch. Gross. I much prefer the sugar-laden instant stuff.
  7. injuries that prevent running.
  8. Size discrepancies in clothing. Junior, petite, misses, and regular. What the fuck.
  9. Bad bakeries.
  10. gin.
There. That's all I can come up with. I could be all global and discuss the Canadian political climate or the price of oil or that ridiculous skinny jeans fad but really, I gotta say, please don't order me anything with prawns.

(The title of today's post is simply a random fact. And a nod to the TSA. That is all.)