Saturday 6 February 2010

Say anything.

Late last night after a fruitless evening of trying to contact him, I finally got a message from Ben on my phone.

I got a picture for you, just a sec.

I waited. Waited and waited and waited a little more.

Finally a picture came through.

Of the back door.

I bet that was a funny sight, for him to watch as the lights progressed through the house, flip flip flip through two doors flip flip flip down the steps flip flip flip flip flip through three doors and then a cursory glance through the window because I wasn't sure if maybe he had someone else take a picture for a bad joke and there he was, larger than life, standing on the other side of the door.

I almost took a steel door off the hinges to get to him.

And now he is home. But only until Monday. Shhh. We won't think about bad things. Just for now.