Saturday 4 November 2006

Catching the Saturday train.

Because I left my Train CD in the player overnight, I get weekend breakfast karaoke from Jacob, who loves this song and has played it for two days straight now.

    Now that shes back in the atmosphere
    With drops of Jupiter in her hair
    She acts like summer and walks like rain
    Reminds me that there's time to change
    Since the return from her stay on the moon
    She listens like spring and she talks like June

    Tell me did you sail across the sun
    Did you make it to the milky way to see the lights all faded
    And that heaven is overrated

    Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star
    One without a permanent scar
    And did you miss me while you were looking at yourself out there

    Now that she's back from that soul vacation
    Tracing her way through the constellation
    She checks out Mozart while she does tae-bo
    Reminds me that there's time to grow

    Now that she's back in the atmosphere
    I'm afraid that she might think of me as plain old jane
    Told a story about a man who is too afraid to fly so he never did land

    Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
    Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
    And head back to the milky way

    And tell me, did Venus blow your mind
    Was it everything you wanted to find
    And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

    Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
    Your best friend always sticking up for you even when I know you're wrong
    Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried romance five-hour phone conversation
    The best soy latte that you ever had
    And me


Which is really good, had he decided to give a performance earlier in the week he might have wound up singing Buckcherry's Crazy Bitch.