Tuesday 4 July 2006

Ten places I'd rather be.

Speeding up life is impossible. I alternate between wanting to be somewhere else, daydreaming about being somewhere else, and actively plotting to be somewhere else. This is in between wanting to perpetually wallow in misery. You bet.

I'm counting down the days before I can enjoy a long break away from waiting out court dates, waiting out tests, and waiting out the end of my divorce. Which will take forever. God, give me strength to get through the rest of this month because I can't do much more than that. Then it will all be done. Well, the hardest parts anyway.

So here's a silly list of ten places I would teleport to right now, if I could.

   1. sea glass hunting on the south shore.
   2. the lobster restaurant in Shediac. I don't know if it's still there.
   3. Picking out fleeces somewhere in a field in New Zealand. Touring Ashford.
   4. snowboarding at Blackcomb. Yessss.
   5. frying my little lily-white ass on conrad's beach at Queensland.
   6. riding horses in Utah. Possibly seducing Robert Redford and showing him how Canadian girls rope the wild ones. (Shhhh!)
   7. On the garage roof replacing the shingles that blew off in the wind that most definitely was not a tornado. Right. Strangely tempting but unspokenly forbidden.
   8. Drinking overly sweet hungarian wine in Budapest with my ballerina friend.
   9. NOT listening to Jake figure out the Beatles' Across the Universe on guitar. If he starts singing the Jai guru deva om part I'm so out of here. Oh too late. DEAR GOD.
  10. In Wal-Mart loving up to the Tassimo. I would have sex with that coffee machine. But I hate Wal-mart. So the odds of me dropping trou in the small appliance aisle are pretty unlikely.

Instead I have some painting I want to do and then I'm going for a swim in the coffeepot.

And a big Happy Independence Day to all my American Friends! Hope your day is full of fun and sun and love and harmony. Enjoy!