Saturday 1 July 2006

Delayed gratification.

If there is one thing I do very well, it's get pregnant. Almost too easily. When Cole and I decided to have children it happened instantaneously. The running joke used to be that all he had to do was snap his fingers and I'd be pregnant. That was one of the (many) reasons I never cheated on Cole, despite being given tremendous opportunity. He had a vasectomy after Henry was born. God only knows what would have happened if Jacob had that power too.

And again I'm not going to entertain the speculation with that, because..we never. I mean, Henry isn't Jacob's biological child. Unless babies come from wishes.

Truthfully I do wish Henry was Jake's. I wish they both were. The lawyer suggested we have testing because she doesn't even really believe us and she said if there's any outside chance he could be we need to know now. Henry looks like Jake. They have the same hair, same attitude. Ruth is all Cole. She looks like me but she has his personality. We haven't decided on the test yet.

But anyways, I'm not pregnant. I got the news this morning when my period arrived and ruined hopes for this month anyway. Which kind of blew my plans for my post today because it filled my mind. I have to promise myself I won't get my hopes up every month .

So tomorrow I'll have to regale you with the incredibly cheesy story of how Jacob managed to change my mind on the hearing issues. It's very sweet. Cheesily adorable. You've been warned. I'm already smiling again. I need a lift, too many upsetting posts lately.

Have a wonderful day and Happy Canada Day to all!