Thursday 15 June 2006

Fidget and the rumpled reverend.

You know, I wasn't kidding when I said that about having caffeine and vibrating around the house. I do. I shake. I have serious jitterbugs from too much caffeine and I usually try to keep it under 6 giant mugfuls a day or I have personal earthquakes all day long.

A neighbor blissfully lent me her new Tassimo for the coming weekend, since they are going away. She left a lovely assortment of discs with it, since she knew I was considering getting a podmaker.

Oh. my. God.

This is too easy.

I've possibly had fourteen cups of espresso and I've only been up since 6. And we went shopping this morning because this. man. has. no. clothes.

Men need clothes. That old blazer. My favorite. It's so worn it's like velvet and it was corduroy when he bought it. His jeans? Possibly the same ones he's worn since college. Shoes? Oh geez, don't even go there. Chuck Taylors and one pair of brown oxfords that are almost worn through the soles. I dropped those off to have the soles replaced. 2 broken belts to be rebuckled. And then I dragged the Emperor with no clothes to the Gap.

Where he promptly morphed into a metrosexual when he saw all the linen.

He wanted to get linen shirts, a linen blazer and a few pairs of carpenter's jeans.

I pointed out the rumpledness, which would kind of give him a Duran Duran music video vibe. Because a girl never forgets her first crush on a musician. Simon Le Bon. First blonde man to catch my eye, but thankfully not the last. Sigh.

He was fine with the rumpled look. He loved the jeans. Loved them.

Look, Bridge, a loop for the hammer when I'm doing the roof. And feel how cool this is. This will be great. Wow. I didn't even know about all this stuff.
He left that store with 4 new outfits, none of which included the gorgeous celery green long sleeved shirt that made his hair look almost white and his eyes like the water in a tropical beach poster but I tried. Oh how I tried. I'll be going back to get that shirt for him.

And me? I rattled around the store like I was on crack. Because I was loose in the Mall (I love the Mall) and I was full of pod coffee. I couldn't have slowed down long enough to buy anything if I had wanted to.

    Pretty looking road I try to hold the rising floods that fill my skin
    Dont ask me why Ill keep my promise Ill melt the ice
    And you wanted to dance, so I asked you to dance
    But fear is in your soul,
    Some people call it a one night stand, but we can call it paradise