Tuesday 4 August 2009

Like a princess to a flame.

Fail to mention your intentions, fail to mention why.
The actions of your life contradict your words.
The path in which you walk, a line of no remorse.
Washing conscience from the skin, claiming innocence.
Ignore the signs.
Painting clothes are old army pants and a t-shirt that is too pink and too tight to wear outside the house. Ponytail. No jewelry. And I never bother to take a shower on days I plan to be a mess.

The good news? Ben's office is just about ready. Meaning the ceiling is beautifully finished and the walls have two coats of the most awesomemest shade of melted milk chocolate ever on them and there are no spots left to touch up. Tomorrow morning I will paint the trim and then when that's dry I'll clean the floor and put up new curtains so by supper time tomorrow night it will be ready.

And the paint for the other rooms that need to be painted is going to sit for a few days, because I don't want to see it. I'm tired. We did the fence two weeks ago, that was three straight days of labour, then last weekend was kitchen stuff and really in and around all of that I am still cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, breaking up fights, organizing our lives and generally winding up with maybe thirty minutes a day to myself.

So yes, as a matter of face, I am averaging a whole half-page a day of The Time Traveler's Wife and getting no writing done at all.

But on the upside, the house looks fantastic. I want it in market condition so that if we decide to sell abruptly we can (and enjoy it besides). If this coming winter matches the summer, so far with it's fifteen degrees below average temperatures, we'll be gone before we can realize we're cold.

I have a headache. A mile wide, from a combination of sleeping on Ben's feather pillows and from not sleeping at all. From being pre-menstrual. From stress thinking about life and from an inbox and an outbox I can't make a dent in.

From wishing the summer had involved a cabin on the beach and a threadbare quilt for the sand and little else. Candles, potato salad and some really good hair conditioner, perhaps. That's enough 'else' when on vacation. Time to read my book and enjoy the little bit of life that is mine. Ours. Yours.

And I think PJ is drugging my food but really that's a whole lot of speculation and no fact to go on whatsoever, I've just noticed the past two weeks that my brain isn't working at ALL, but it is probably the cold nights and absent rest and just about whatever else I can pin it on.

Even though when I've suspected similar situations I've been right, every time. Keep her calm and she won't miss Ben so much all the time, right?

In other news, because I don't know if I told you, did you know I ordered the parts to fix my phone? $50 all told, which is cheaper than paying $600 for a replacement phone when I'm exactly twelve months from a sanctioned upgrade. Ben is going to fix it when the parts come and he's been sending me links to some crazy protective cases.

Sigh.

I need to go, I want to have a hot shower and rest for a few minutes before I begin dinner preparations. And I'm noticing the wick is low on one end here, and if you want to burn a candle at both ends, it's always good to have extra on hand, right?